The broad Trade Union (TU) alliance covering public, private and estate sectors have warned authorities that if the Government does not lockdown the country by Friday (20), the TU alliance will declare a unilateral lockdown from Monday (23).
At a press conference held this evening, the TU alliance stated that all unions are ready for this effort as they do not want to allow for citizens who are not fully vaccinated to get unnecessarily exposed to the Covid-19 virus which will in turn result in the creation of another locally mutated variant.
A ten point plan has been proposed by the TU alliance, which the Government has been urged to follow so that a scientific and successful lockdown can be implemented.
The details are as follows:
1. Perform a 10-day scientific lockdown
2. Perform Covid-19 tests during this period, inclusive of PCR tests and RATs
3. Separate the infected. Plan home treatments for minor symptoms
4. Prepare intermediate care centres with a minimum of 100,000 beds
5. Reserve 10,000 beds for essential treatment
6. Plan to accurately predict the course of the disease through scientific surveillance
7. Avoid bringing in tourists during this time.
8. Be mindful of the types of immigrants entering the country
9. Identify green, orange and red zones according to the number of patients found in the country and protect the green-orange zones from further spreads.
10. The Government must fulfill their responsibility of providing for the needs of the people during the lockdown