DBSJeyaraj.com on Facebook

Though Presidential Secretariat Announced Banning of the National Thawheedh Jamaath and Jamathei Millathu Ibrahim After Easter Attacks No Instructions Given to Govt Press Yet To Publish Gazette Proclamation

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Print this page

By

Shamindra Ferdinando

The Government Printer is yet to issue gazette notifications proscribing two extremist organizations responsible for the Easter Sunday carnage.

Well informed sources told The Island that the Government Press was yet to receive the go ahead in this regard.

The Presidential Secretariat announced the move to proscribe the National Thawheedh Jamaath (NTJ) and Jamathei Millathu Ibrahim a week after suicide bombers killed nearly 260 men, women and children and injured nearly 500 others.

The government was yet to issue gazette notification banning the face veil too sources said.

Instead, the Public Security Ordinance (Chapter 40) had been amended for the time being as part of overall measures to meet the security challenge, sources said

Courtesy:The Island

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Print this page