Twenty -nine ministers headed by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe were sworn in as members of the new cabinet on Thursday December 20th .The new Ministers took their oaths before President Maithripala Sirisena at the President’s office in the morning.
The list of Ministers and portfilios are :
01. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesighe – Ministry of National Policies and Economic Affairs, Ministry of Rehabilitation and Prison reforms, Northern Development, Vocational Training, Skill Development and Youth Affairs.
02. John Amaratunga – Minister of Tourism Development and Christian Religious Affairs.
03. Gamini Jayawickrema Perera- Minister of Buddha Sasana & North Western Province Development.
04. Mangala Samaraweera – Minister of Finances and Media
05. Lakshman Kiriella- Minister of Public Enterprise Development, Upcountry Heritage and Kandy Development
06. Rauff Hakeem – Minister of Town Planning, Water Supply and Higher Education
07. Tilak Marapana – Minister of Foreign Affairs
08. Rajitha Senarathne – Minister of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine
09. Ravi Karunanayake- Minister of Power and Energy and Business Development
10. Vajira Abeywardhane- Minister of Internal & Home Affairs, Provincial Councils and Local Government
11. Rishad Bathiudeen- Ministry of Industry and Commerce and Resettlement and Cooperative Development
12. Patali Champika Ranawaka- Ministry of Megapolis and Western Development
13. Naveen Dissanayake- Minister of Plantation Industries
14. P. Harrison- Minister of Agriculture, Rural Economic Affairs and Animal Husbandry Development.
15. Kabeer Hashim – Minister of Highways and Road Development and Petroleum Resources Development.
16. Ranjith Maddumabandara – Minister of Public Administration and Disaster Management
17. Gayantha Karunathilake – Minister of Lands and Parliamentary Reforms
18. Sajith Premadasa – Minister of Housing, Construction and Cultural affairs.
19. Arjuna Ranatunga – Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation
20. Palani Digambaran – Minister of Upcountry New Villages, Infrastructure and Community Development
21. Chandrani Bandara – Minister of Women and Child Affairs and Development of Dry Zones
22. Thalatha Athukorale – Minister of justice and Prison Reforms
23. Akila Viraj kariyawasam – Minister of Education
24. Abdul Haleem Mohamed Hashim – Minister of Postal Services and Muslim religious Affairs
25. Sagala Ratnayake – Minister of Ports, Maritime Affairs and Southern Development
26. Harin Fernando – Minister of Telecommunication, Digital Infrastructure facilities, Foreign Employment and Sports
27. Mano Ganeshan – Minister of National Integration, Official Languages, Social Progress and Hindu Religious Affairs
28. Daya Gamage – Minister of Labour, Trade Union Relations and Social Empowerment
29. Malik Samarawickrema – Minister of Development Strategies, International Trade, Science, Technology and Research.